The beauty of a fast-loading website is subjectto the satisfaction of the speed offered to its visitors. Apart from related results and content, what is also necessary for a user, is to be delivered with fast-loading sites. Website speed is a main-factor regarding page-views, bounce rates as well as conversion rates. Owning a fast-loading website provides nothing but advantages and since Google considers page load time as a ranking factor, it is a fact that website speed does its bit in SEO. However, obsessing over site speed is not a good idea, because like with all Google ranking factors, this one too, doesn’t stand alone in ensuring a high position in SERPs.
Website Speed Guide
Below, you will find a fundamental checklist towards a faster website.
• Website Hosting: Choose a proper website hosting company and be careful when it comes to a shared hosting.
• Content Delivery Network (CDN): By using a CDN your users are served faster, in multiple locations in the world.
• Browser Caching: Browser’s cache serves the frequent requests of a user faster, since it has already saved the requested material.
• HTTP Keep alive: By enabling keep-alive, the connection between a browser and a server stays still every time a request takes place.
• Gzip Compression: By using Gzip Compression, you can decrease the size of files into the website, making them dramatically smaller.
• Code: CSS/HTML code is better to be clear and organised.
• Ads: Don’t overdo it with placements, as they are a cause of slow loading sites and a distraction for your visitors.
• Redirects: Reduce redundant redirections and instead try to fix broken links.
• Image Optimisation: Reduce the size of the images without reducing their quality.
• Plugins: Plugins tend to delay the loading process while plugins of a bad quality tend to do that even more.
• AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages): AMP offer a better User Experience, are indexed faster by Google and have a privileged position in SERP.
There are tools which can assist you check the speed performance of your site, offering advice about the factors that need to be taken care of, in order to decrease the delay.
These are just some of the things that the RCM School of Excellence can teach you. The RCM School of Excellence is a digital marketing college aimed at enriching the minds of individuals.RCM School of Excellence is a Google Partner. Graduates of the RCM School of Excellence will be awarded with a certificate of completion and Google accreditation for students who have completed the comprehensive or digital marketing course. Most of all, students will gain practical knowledge and gain valuable information from industry leaders.